INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR JIGSAW FAMILY FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR?
[CLICK HERE] to be sent your 2018 information pack & bonus FREE trial pass!
Classes for 2018
Classes in 2017 thrived and as such I have created several new classes into our timetable in order to allow more space for new enrolments and to keep class sizes capped. Students are not placed in classes based primarily on their age, but experience, ability and friends are important factors that can determine what class is best suited for them.
Our beautifully crafted programs allow students to learn at a consistent pace whilst still delivering a vibrant, fun and nurturing dance experience that celebrates every child’s achievements. This program has been specifically designed to allow a beautiful transition into the next level age program, as your child progresses through their dancing.
“Every student in our Jigsaw Family is a gem and is precious. We have spent a lot of time developing a program that allows students to continually improve in technique, coordination and choreography, whilst also encompassing our studio values where each child will feel included and special, build beautiful friendships, gain confidence and feel a part of the family. Each of our classes run off a themed lesson plan and utilise props, to allow students to learn in a fun, creative and imaginative environment; keeping it fresh & exciting for our children.”
Designed with the littlest dancers in mind, these classes encourage creative thinking, imagination and confidence in a fun and magical environment. Each week we go on a new and exciting adventure exploring different elements of dance whilst also developing a positive self-esteem and friendships within the classroom. These classes really are a magical journey between the teacher and the dancers and are a perfect stepping stone to beginning your child in the world of dance.
- MINI GEMS JAZZ: These classes are fun and energetic and allow your little one to develop their ear for music and their feet for dancing. Incorporating basic jazz movement, coordination and singing and drama to familiar songs, this is the perfect class to get your child started in dancing.
- MINI GEMS BALLET: These classes are a beautiful opportunity for your little one to learn the beginnings of basic ballet technique and terminology, whilst also allowing them to go on a magical journey of smiles, twirls and leaps. These classes still incorporate the same energy and fun as our Jazz lessons, but are designed with our little princes and princesses in mind!
- MINI GEMS HIP HOP/JFH (JAZZ, FUNK, HIP HOP): This class gives your children a perfect introduction to modern moves and techniques. Sharing the same upbeat nature as our Jazz classes, Hip Hop & JFH also use trendy and funky music where dancers can learn groovy & hip moves and tricks.
- MINI GEMS MY LOVE & ME: This class is the perfect introduction to the world of dance and will give your little one a chance to wiggle their body, stomp their feet and fly like a butterfly using fun and engaging props. We encourage a loved one such as mum or dad, to share this journey with them and participate in the class together with the teacher. Suitable for 2 to 3 year olds.
Let your little one explore and flourish in confidence through our nurturing and comforting learning environment.
In these classes, students start to develop their technique, coordination and choreography skills whilst still learning in a fun and competitive free environment. Similar to our Mini Gems classes, themes are used to encourage imagination and creativity whilst also allowing for continual and consistent improvement.
- SHIMMERING GEMS JAZZ: Modern and upbeat, this class is full of fun and laughs and is a great way to stay active while also making new friends. Students learn the basic fundamentals of Jazz movement and start to develop their own creative and independent thinking.
- SHIMMERING GEMS HIP HOP & JFH (JAZZ FUNK HIP HOP): These classes focus on introducing students to modern and urban style dance technique, whilst also focusing on accented movement, isolations and cool tricks. These classes run to trendy and hip music whilst still being fun and age appropriate.
- SHIMMERING GEMS BALLET: Ballet forms the basis of all dance technique and has a large focus on body placement, posture and performance quality. Although classes are run in a fun and nurturing environment and students do not sit for exams, the classes are still taught from a set syllabus allowing students to learn the correct technique and terminology.
- SHIMMERING GEMS TAP: This style is all about sounds and rhythm and as such a large focus is placed on timing and musicality, helping to develop their ear for music. At this level the basic fundamentals of tap are taught incorporating a well-rounded warm-up, barre work and combinations to develop the whole dancer.
Through an inclusive and welcoming environment, your child will start to blossom with confidence and build beautiful friendships that last a lifetime.
Building from the Shimmering Gems Program, these classes start to introduce more advanced movement and dance technique, while still running in the same fun and nurturing environment as its previous levels. Classes remain themed, however the program allows students to extend themselves and gain greater knowledge in the art of dance, whilst encouraging creative and independent thinking.
- SPARKLING GEMS JAZZ: Modern and upbeat, this class is full of fun and laughs and is a great way to stay active while also making new friends. In this age level, students learn more advanced combinations in Jazz and start to develop their own creative and independent thinking.
- SPARKLING GEMS BALLET: Ballet forms the basis of all dance techniques and has a large focus on body placement, posture and performance quality. Although classes are run in a fun and nurturing environment and students do not sit for exams, the classes are still taught from a set syllabus allowing students to learn the correct technique and terminology.
- SPARKLING GEMS HIP HOP & JFH (JAZZ FUNK HIP HOP): These classes focus on introducing students to modern and urban style dance technique, whilst also focusing on accented movement, isolations and cool tricks. These classes run to trendy and hip music while still being fun and age appropriate.
- SPARKLING GEMS TAP: This style is all about sounds and rhythm and as such a large focus is placed on timing and musicality, helping to develop their ear for music. At this level, more complex steps are taught incorporating a well-rounded warm-up, barre work and combinations to develop the whole dancer.
- SPARKLING GEMS CONTEMPORARY: This style explores the abstract art of dance, drawing from numerous genres, whilst focusing largely on expression and story telling. This class incorporates strength, stretching, improvisation and floor work as well as breathing techniques. At Jigsaw Dance, we are excited to be teaching SYTYCD choreographer Jason Winter’s Contemporary Technique Syllabus.
- SPARKLING GEMS BALLET & LYRICAL TECHNIQUE: In this class, dancers will touch on basic ballet technique where there is a focus on posture, strength and control as well as introducing dancers to the beautiful style of Lyrical. Through the lyrical training, they will gain an understanding of contemporary movement, self-expression and improvisation, which in turn will develop confidence and creative thinking.
Empower them to have a passion and lifelong love of dance that sees them through other aspects of their life
- BBOYS HIP HOP: This boys only hip hop class will take on the same energy and fun as our regular classes, but will give them a space to bond with other boys and make new friends whilst learning cool tricks and moves.